The Tale of 2 Couriers: UPS vs Xend

See my previous post on Xend here.

After my bad experience with Xend's customer service, it was a surprise that another courier showed a more proactive customer service.

I was expecting an item to be delivered by UPS last September 15 (even with the impending landfall of super typhoon Ompong) based on the tracking on the website.  I waited the whole day since the tracking showed it was out for delivery. Nightfall came but the delivery truck never showed.

Ok. Maybe they cancelled it because of the weather.

Fine.

That night, the tracking showed that item was not delivered due to an incomplete address.



Seriously?!!!

So I signed up for a UPS account and put in my complete address again.

On Monday morning, I filed a support ticket at the UPS site to ask why they claim it's an incomplete address when my shipping address is complete.  A few hours later, someone from UPS replied and asked for details.

Later that afternoon, they delivered my package. I asked the courier why the tracking showed an incomplete address. He said he wasn't available last Saturday and didn't know if his companion was the one who tried to deliver.

I contacted the UPS rep again to inform them that the package has been delivered but I wanted to know why they claimed it was an incomplete address.  She said to give her time to find out. Ok. I could wait.  The item was with me anyway.

Sometime later, someone called my phone and introduced himself as from UPS/Air21.  He explained that they were informed that I filed a complaint and explained the situation that their crew tried to deliver last Saturday but wasn't able to find our subdivision (ours was the 3rd but they could only find the 2nd one).  They said they tried calling last Saturday and yet my phone didn't ring at all.  Hmmm...


I told them they shouldn't claim it as incomplete address when the shipping details are complete and it's not the receiver's fault. He apologized and said someone was absent that day and the remaining delivery crew were not familiar with the area. I said it's ok and even gave landmarks so that the next time they could find the address easily for other customers in my area.

He even mentioned that they would need to sanction the personnel responsible (by deducting from his salary) because it's in their company policy if there were customer complaints. I told him not to allow that kasi kawawa naman yung empleyado. Maybe he just said that to appease me, I wouldn't know.

But I appreciated that they got back to me within hours of my inquiry on their website and even contacted me directly via phone to explain the situationNow that is customer service!  I hope other couriers could be as responsive instead of leaving you hanging and fuming for 24-48 hours with an automated reply.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply for an Import Permit or Clearance from the Optical Media Board (OMB) [2023 update]

How to Authenticate PRC Certificate of Registration , Itemized Board Rating, and apply for Certificate of Good Standing

Jollibee Birthday Party (Hello Kitty theme package) 2020