How to Renew NBI Clearance Online: 2016 Edition

Note:  Make sure to use a computer for this.  I tried applying online using my ipad but the right hand column wasn't showing up.   

The process is pretty straightforward, but for those who want a visual guide before doing it online, this might be of use to you.

DISCLAIMER:  Any logos appearing in this post are property of their respective owners.  No copyright infringement is intended and any images used in this post are for illustration purposes only.

For any questions or problems, please contact the NBI office directly at 0917-999-94-21 (Globe) | 0920-412-99-99 (Smart) | 0999-569-99-64 (Smart).

==========
Update:  So, I missed my original appointment date and scheduled (and paid!) for another one and when I got to the NBI clearance office at Duty Free Parañaque, they accepted both so I now have 2 clearances.

Btw, for those going to the Duty Free satellite branch, they don't allow walk-ins so you really need to apply online and go there during your appointment date.  They have separate queues for the Balik-Manggagawa program.  If you haven't paid for your NBI clearance yet, you can pay for it inside.

If your name had a "hit" before, you will still need to come back for your clearance.  Makes you wonder if that database of theirs is ever really updated and secured.  Taxes gone to waste yet again.

If you brought an envelope or folder with you, you can politely refuse the Php 5 for the envelope they will sell you.  
===============================

1.  Go to https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/ (as of 2018)

Before signing up, make sure you already have a valid email address because you will need it to verify your account and a copy of your old NBI clearance (issued in 2014, 2015 only).


how to apply for nbi clearance renewal online


2.  On the homepage, choose "Signup" and from the dropdown box, select RENEW. Only those with clearances issued from 2014 are eligible for the renewal option online.  If your clearance was issued from 2013 or earlier, select as NEW application. 





3.  Enter your NBI ID number in the box (check the upper lefthand corner of your clearance) and select RENEW.   





4.  Check your email address for the verification email from the NBI and click on Activate Account.     After signing in, verify and update your personal information as shown on the profile screen.




     


5.  Enter the type of valid government-issued ID you will bring, including the ID number. In my case I used my UMID.

Note:  If you're doing this in a mobile device such as phone or tablet, the right hand column containing the "Apply for Clearance and Edit Information" may not appear properly, just like when I used my Android phone and Ipad 2.  




6. Set the date and time from the calendar (AM or PM) and the most convenient NBI satellite office and the purpose of your clearance whether for local or abroad.  
You can also upload your photo if you want.  





In the example above, I applied for local employment and chose Globe Gcash as payment option.   A new window will open containing instructions on how to proceed.  There will be an additional Php 25 fee for online processing.   

Other payment options include over-the-counter at either a bank or a bayad center or online banking (requires either prior enrollment of DragonPay or enabling fund transfer to anyone). Please refer to the instructions that will open up in a new window.

Your NBI reference code or number will be shown on screen after you have selected your payment option.  Use this reference number during payment.





For online banking, your bank may require you to enroll DragonPay under bills payment (or something similar) or enabling fund transfer to anyone (which I do not recommend for security purposes).

BPI EOL Bills Payment requires that you enroll DragonPay as a merchant




If you will be paying thru a Bayad Center, a new window will pop up with instructions similar to this:






For Globe Gcash, there's an additional Php 5 fee, so in my example, I paid Php 145 (115 + 25 + 5). For BPI Expressonline, you'll need to enroll DragonPay in bills payment or enable fund transfer to anyone.  Instructions will open in a new window for any payment option you select. 







Each payment option has a deadline and you have 15 days from the date you selected to appear personally at the NBI satellite office.   Wait for the payment confirmation page and do not close other windows.  




After payment, click on Transaction on the left hand side to view your payment confirmation and reference number.  You can also choose to print your Application Form.




Bring at least 2 valid IDs and your reference number when you go to the satellite office.

Comments

  1. I want to renew my clearance that expired November 2016. I used my previously registered email address and password to sign in. However, I don't see a dropdown box to choose Renewal as Application Type. A little help, please? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tick the box that asks if you have an old nbi clearance and enter your old nbi id number in the box. Hope this helps. I haven't visited the nbi site in a while so the layout has changed quite a bit.

      Delete
    2. Hi I want to renew my NBI expired Nov 2016, but the old NBI number cannot find in the system. Is there anything to do abt this??

      Delete
  2. Hi. Regarding my application, my application form states that it is only valid until April 6 but my schedule is on April 11. Will that affect my application for a clearance? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about if i lost my old nbi clearance, i cant fill out the old nbi i.d. #

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodafternoon wat if nalimutan ko byaran NBI ko pde pa po ba ako mgbyad khit yung appointment ko ay lumipas na .ang sa may 17 pa nman po ang expiration ang kaso po dpat po may 2 ang pinaka appointment ko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to log in to your account and check if you can still pay for it and/or have the appointment rescheduled. If not, apply for a new one. From what I know, the appointment expires/will be invalid if it hasn't been paid within the set time period.

      Delete
  5. goodmorning paano po kapag nawala ung personal copy! panu po makapag renew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Pano po pag 1 week nang na missed yung paid appointment? Ma eentrrtain pa po kaya? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They accepted mine even after I missed my paid appointment. Not sure if all branches do that though.

      Delete
  7. and paano kung dalawa yung appointment na naiset ko. I got urgent things to do sa unang beses na nagset ako ng appointment eh. So I created a new one. Will that affect my application?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to your 2nd appointment and show them your previous paid missed appointment.

      Delete
  8. hi! i made an appointment dated today, aug 7. but since i had a lot of other things to do, i won't make it today, unpaid pa nmn kasi thru BPI ung option na pinili q, if i set a new appointment, will it matter to the first unpaid appointment i made?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, probably not. Pay only if you are sure you can go to the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I had an appointment today but ndi naprocess kasi ndi nila inaccept ung ID ko. If I go back next week, will they still entertain it or will I set a new appointment? Sa Main office ung appointment ko. Thank you po.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should've asked them po. If the appointment has been paid for, they'll probably entertain you. List of accepted ids are posted in their website.

      Delete
  11. Sir if nakakuha po ako ng clearance in 2016 tapos nag apply po ako for new this year 2017 instead of renewing, mahi hit po ba ako?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If may "hit" yung sa previous applications mo, kahit mag-apply ka as "new" meron pa rin yan dahil hindi naman updated ang database nila kahit ilang beses ka na kumuha.

      Delete
  12. I renewed my police clearance just this October. Tinatry ko iverify ung NBI Id Ko if it is Valid or expired. Pero sinasabi my NBI ID is invalid. Can you advise me on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NBI id number should be issued from 2014 onwards for verification at their website. A police clearance is different from NBI clearance. Please try to inquire at NBI directly.

      Delete
  13. Hello po,bago kulang po nakuha ang nbi ko po last aug2 tapus ngayun na wala ko po ito, could I apply for another one? What are those requirements or processes to replace the one that I lost. Please thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have a copy of your NBI number, you probably need to apply again as "new" application.

      Delete
  14. Hi po... Kumuha po ako ng NBi last August and Nawala po then kumuha ulit ako last Nov. .. Pero iniba ko ang address.. Yun po kaya ang reason kaya nag hit??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, i set an appointment with nbi novaliches and paid already. However I urgently need my nbi clearance can i go to UN Quezon Avenue to directly process it there and show the one i paid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if the UN main branch will honor it since your appointment is in another branch. You can get your clearance on the day of your appointment, except when your name has a "hit."

      Delete
  16. Hi po. Nagrenew po ako ng nbi clearance. My appointment date po is on april pa po. Ask ko lang po sana kasi is may hit po ung clearance ko nung 2016. Meron pa rin po kaya ngayon kapag kukunin ko na? And ilang days po bago makuha if may hit pa din po.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If may "hit" before, meron pa rin ngayon. 1-2 weeks after mo pa makukuha.

      Delete
  17. Hi there. Tanong ko lang, what if I'm already paid for tnhe fee kaso I missed my appointment. Klngan ko ba magschedule at magbayad ng bago or pwedeng dalhin ko nlang ung receipt na nagbayad nako? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring the receipt and tell them you missed your appointment.

      Delete
  18. I applied online and already paid at 7-11 last feb8. The nbi system accepted my appointment date of feb16, at 12pm. I was there on the date but nbi was closed! Can I come back anyday within 15 days from my original appointment date? Can I come in the morning even though my original appointment time was 12pm? I am a pwd . Is there a priority lane for pwd? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go anytime within 2 weeks (although the sooner the better). Yes, there's a priority lane for PWDs, just tell them upon arrival.

      Delete
  19. Hi po,
    I already applied my NBI clearance this early July 2018, unfortunately it has been lost.
    Can I have another copy of this? How much do I need to provide me another copy if ever?
    Thank you very much! :)
    Appreciate if being replied asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry late reply. Apply for a new one. Fees are stated in the NBI clearance website.

      Delete
  20. good afternoon po.. may appointment po ako ngayon sa main office since nagkaroon po ng lindol kahapon sarado po sila pwede kayang sa ibang branch kumuha kasi ngayon lang po ako pwede?
    salamat po

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All government offices in Metro Manila are closed today. They would probably still honor your appointment within the week if you can make it.

      Delete
  21. Hello po. Ask ko lang. Pumunta po ako sa nbi office then nag bayad na ako pero hit ako. Then nilagay don june 5 ko babalikan pero kasi sobrang layo 6 hrs galing samin kaya na missed ko yong date na e claim na sana. Makukuha ko pa kaya yun pag pupunta ako ulit? Or mag babayad nanaman at request ulit?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pwede pa balikan yun. No need to get a new one. Make sure to get it before June ends though. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply for an Import Permit or Clearance from the Optical Media Board (OMB) [2023 update]

How to Authenticate PRC Certificate of Registration , Itemized Board Rating, and apply for Certificate of Good Standing

Jollibee Birthday Party (Hello Kitty theme package) 2020