Rant: UnionBank sucks

I've had numerous frustrating visits to the UnionBank branch near me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same way.  Imagine waiting 90 minutes for you to be able to transact with the teller at the counter on 3 separate occasions! Had I not needed to add funds to my Eon account which is linked to my Paypal account, I wouldn't go through all the trouble.  I was used to depositing through the ATM machine near my workplace which was convenient at the time.

  • The two bank tellers work slowly.  Why are there only two?!!

  • On the occasions that I went to the branch, it was not even their peak hours and days.  I've never waited that long in any other bank even on peak times.

  • And on one occasion that I had to turn in my card because of a false alarm on an online charge, they questioned my signature even if I showed them a valid ID!  And this employee was asking her superior what to do as if I wasn't there.  It's rude. I'm sitting right in front of you, so I'd appreciate it if you told me what the problem was rather than asking your superior and acting as if I couldn't hear you.  She asked me why my signature was different so I offered to sign again on another piece of paper.  She looked stumped.   Then she asked me to have my ID photocopied. What self-respecting bank doesn't have a photocopying machine (or is that not allowed these days since the Corona trial?).  She also tries to look busy with other stuff to avoid seeing the scowl on my face.  I waited for 45 minutes just to file for the card replacement.


I got my card after Holy Week and it was a good thing that another employee handled the transaction.  I'll avoid transacting with UnionBank again as much as possible lest I develop more wrinkles on my forehead due to scowling.

Comments

  1. same here sm cebu union bank is slow and service sucks, i have an account there and they looked for tons of document, even if i had nbi, passport, sss, but they still find way to look for more documents as if im a criminal. they looked for anything just to keep you denied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here in Cagayan de Oro City! Poor customer service! If you'll email them for important concerns, you have to wait for nth days to receive their response. When you reply to their response, you'll have to wait for another nth days so frustrating!!! When you call their toll-free number, they'll let you wait for nth minutes to verify some information. What the heck!!! When I re-enrolled my EON after renewing my card, their automated email said that I have to wait for 2-3 business days to receive the email to activate my account, but still not getting it for more than 1 week already!!! Customer service or everything was quite fine before my first card expired, but now they're getting worse!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply for an Import Permit or Clearance from the Optical Media Board (OMB) [2023 update]

How to Authenticate PRC Certificate of Registration , Itemized Board Rating, and apply for Certificate of Good Standing

Jollibee Birthday Party (Hello Kitty theme package) 2020