Applying for SSS ID

Update 2018:

Got this email from SSS, you can still pay for your contributions for January - December 2018 until January 2, 2019 only and contributions for the last quarter from October - December 2018 can be paid until January 31, 2019.

payment deadlines for 2018 SSS contributions for voluntary or self-employed members



Update:
   Received my card via postal mail dated August 6, 2012

I applied for an SSS ID yesterday at the Sucat branch.  I already have my SSS number which I applied for a few years back and just recently registered for SSS' online service for members.

I downloaded and filled up the SSS E6 Form found at their official website.  I read in other blog posts that you need to check first if you're eligible to apply for the ID by logging on to your SSS account. On the left hand side, select "Online Inquiry" then "Member Info."  There's an option there for SSS ID.  If it says you're eligible for the ID, print that page.  Although, based on my experience, the SSS employee did not ask for anything else except for 2 valid IDs and the E6 Form then fingerprints for the right thumb and index finger.

Then she gave a queue number for the ID capture located at the right side where they took the photo, and scanned both thumbs and index fingers and a digital signature.  They'll give the acknowledgment slip and told me that the ID will be delivered to my home address in 6 months time.  6 months!  Pathetic.  I wonder what the government's excuse is for processing to take that long.  Oh, and by the way, it took me 90 minutes from entering the door until I was entertained at the counter.  That's a lot of wasted time right there.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply for an Import Permit or Clearance from the Optical Media Board (OMB) [2023 update]

How to Authenticate PRC Certificate of Registration , Itemized Board Rating, and apply for Certificate of Good Standing

Jollibee Birthday Party (Hello Kitty theme package) 2020