PRC License Renewal 2012

Just came from PRC Manila yesterday afternoon to renew my license and got stuck at Sucat Exit for almost an hour due to flooding along Sucat Road.

--------------

I already printed and filled up the form  before going there.  Renewal instructions can also be found at the PRC website (see here) although it's best to check their site for more updated information.  You'll need the accomplished form, 1 photocopy of your license (front & back), and 2 pieces of passport-size photo with white background and name tag.  I arrived at 12noon and proceeded directly to Window 17 and gave my form.  Took less than 3 minutes.  Hmmm, this should be easy.  NOT!

I proceeded to the cashier (Window 2) and lo and behold, a long snaking line that took me 80 minutes to finally pay for my renewal fees (P150 for 3 years) at the cashier window.  Maybe the other one was on a lunch break.  Tsk tsk.  Window 1 opened up after 1 pm which made it a lot quicker.  After payment, I went back to Window 17 and she returned the official receipt and the claim stub.  Release of the ID will take almost 2 months (for me, it's July 20.)

I hope the renewal process gets better in the next 3 years.  I'd hate to think I'd be doing this all over again after 3 years.

By the way, applications for FastID (the one where you can get it after "2 hours") is still on hold.  No announcements on when this service will be resumed.

-------------

Rant:  There were 2 cashiers open at the ground floor, Window 2 at the Application Division and another one just outside, both with very long queues.  We tried going up to the 3rd floor but the lines were also long.  They should also place some line markers or assist people where the end of the lines are because it can get confusing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Apply for an Import Permit or Clearance from the Optical Media Board (OMB) [2023 update]

How to Authenticate PRC Certificate of Registration , Itemized Board Rating, and apply for Certificate of Good Standing

Jollibee Birthday Party (Hello Kitty theme package) 2020